CHARLESTON, S.C. (Palmetto Life) – Credit One Stadium is getting ready to be converted to an ice skating rink for the second year in a row.
Skate the Stadium returns on Nov. 24.
Last year, the event sold out in two days. As of Thursday morning, tickets were still available on the stadium’s website.
For $10, guests will get a skate rental and 45 minutes to skate. Children 13 and under must be with an adult.
“Our goal is to bring joy to the community during this special season,” Chris Meany, General Manager of Credit One Stadium, said. “Skate the Stadium is an opportunity to create unforgettable memories with an experience unlike any other in the Lowcountry.”
For Skate the Stadium the floor of the stadium is replaced with a custom-built synthetic ice rink.
Firepits, holiday lights and decorations, s’mores kits and festive holiday events set the mood and spirit of the season.
This year, the stadium will host several special events:
- Daniel Island Tree Lighting Ceremony: Friday, Nov. 24. Festivities start at 5 p.m., and the tree lighting is at 6 p.m. - Enjoy musical performances and kids’ activities, culminating in the magic of a 22-foot tree lighting.
- Ugly Sweater Night: Thursday, Nov. 30 from 5-9 p.m. Participate in the contest for a chance to win exciting prizes.
- Holiday Carolers: Fridays (Dec. 1, 8 & 15) from 5-6 p.m. Catch the holiday spirit with vocal performances from local high school choral groups.
- Deck The Palms: Thursday, Dec. 21 from 5-9 p.m. Get into the holiday spirit wearing your best beach gear and groove to the tunes of Jimmy Buffett-inspired performances.
- Movie Night: Friday, Dec 22 beginning at 7 pm. Join us for a free holiday movie on our grand lawn.
- Visit with Santa: Saturday, Dec. 23 from 12-4 p.m. Don’t miss the chance to meet Santa just before Christmas!
Several adult-themed events are also on this year’s menu:
- Holiday Mixology Class with Bacardi Limited: Thursday, Nov. 30. Two classes available: 5-6:30 p.m. and 7:30-9 p.m. Learn to craft holiday-inspired cocktails in a private lounge overlooking the ice rink. Tickets for this 21+ event are $75 and include ice skating.
- Credit One Wine & Art Walk: Thursday, Dec. 7 from 6-9 p.m. Browse local artists while enjoying wine samples and light bites. Tickets for this 21+ event are $75 and does not include ice skating.
- Bourbon & Oyster Night: Thursday, Dec. 14 from 6-9 p.m. Savor oysters on the half shell and bourbon flights in a private lounge. Tickets for this 21+ event are $150 and ice skating is included.
- Bubbles on Ice: Thursday, Dec. 28 from 6-9 p.m. Nibble on some light snacks and sip on bubbles from Moet & Chandon. Tickets for this 21+ event are $75 and include ice skating from 8-9 p.m.
Skate the Stadium is open Thursdays and Fridays from 5-9 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. and Sundays from noon-5 p.m. with the rink being closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve.
Tickets can be purchased at www.creditonestadium.com/skate-the-stadium.
“Palmetto Life” is the rebranded name for the old “Lowcountry Weekend.”
Copyright 2023 WCSC. All rights reserved.